Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Vindicated_Killer
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Vindicated_Killer

The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:14 pm

exploding_pool wrote:
Indeed. I just want to take all the mistreated animals out there and become a crazy animal lady. Laughing The other day I was out driving and a baby bunny ran in front of my car. I'm pretty sure I didn't hit it, but I still teared up a little thinking that maybe I did. I'm a pussy.

*puts on brutal death metal about untold levels of gore towards humans and is somehow unfazed*

That doesn't make you a pussy. It just shows you care about other life beyond your own. I had a squirrel run out in front of my car as I was leaving work last week, and I violently turned to avoid the little guy. Thankfully, I missed him.

A week or so later, a bird was hanging out in the road near my place and was in no hurry to move its ass. By the time it took flight, it was in range of my windshield and I nearly wiped it out. Once again, I was able to brake and avoid dead animal guilt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vindicated_Killer
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Vindicated_Killer

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 2:01 pm

I've started a sad little blog to share some of my short stories and fiction work. Since I don't have a lot of time for recreational writing, I don't have much on there. I have some older stuff but it's either been published and I wouldn't be comfortable placing it there or it's shit. I hope to use this as a way to jump start more work in the future.

www.yeoldemethlab.wordpress.com

(Wordpress blogs are fuck ugly and bland so I apologize for the poor aesthetics.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iwillstabyou
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
iwillstabyou

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:25 pm

Trying to budget out money for Maryland Deathfest. Fuck toll roads. The easiest way to get there involves about $60 in tolls total for the trip there and back. The best way I've found without tolls is about 90 miles more in each direction. Its actually a tad cheaper and a lot faster to take the toll roads, but I'm not happy about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:51 pm

Good luck to everyone going to MDF, I wish I could go. Sad

Also, my boyfriend is tentatively planning on moving in with one of his friends, who I've had a massive crush on since meeting him. He's a "bad boy" who smokes pot and who's been arrested, so he isn't my type at all...but good lord. If he does move in with him, and I decide to move in with them also, things are going to be very awkward in that house...it's down to either this guy or another one of his friends. I really hope it's this one. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 2:36 pm

So far in my first week off school I've drank half a bottle of rum and smoked pretty much everyday yet have still been productive. And now I have a egg salad sandwich and get to go to a badass restaurant and a badass Metal show tonight. Life is good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:41 pm

I got a 50 cent per hour raise at work the other day. Not a huge deal (I am far from rich at this job), but I'm now making $1.25 more per hour than minimum wage, and my job is definitely a minimum wage type job. Not too bad considering one of the jobs I applied for about a year ago said I would never be able to make more than minimum wage with my experience level...I started out at this job making well above minimum wage to begin with. So fuck you, pretentious asshole employers. Laughing Still looking for a night job in addition that preferably isn't McDonalds though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stellarvore

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 2:15 am

Work sucks. I bet they're so shitty because you're in East Bumfuck.

I've got the same girl as before on my mind. Things have been on and off...and then have been kind of simmering. At the moment, both of us would say we're best friends, but we'd also say that we're more than friends. Not in a fuckbuddies sort of way, more in a way that I have a little competition that really doesn't treat her very well, and I'm having an easy time showing her that she ought to trade him in for a nicer, better model. I'm a better man than that guy in every way. And all I gotta do is spend some time with her, and let her see for herself.

I think it's working. I've had plenty of time to evaluate this and decide if I want to mess with it...and I do. This will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 4:11 pm

Been gone for a couple weeks working with my brother (somewhat anyway), now I'm home and need to find a real job so to speak haha. I also thought about upgrading to one of those smart phones but since my provider doesn't have an unlimited data plan it seems pointless to me. Now I'm just waiting till tonight so I can go get some badass food and drink some damn fine beer. Beerbang
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iwillstabyou
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
iwillstabyou

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:12 pm

Today marks 11 months without a cigarette Nana
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:06 am

^ Very Happy

My boyfriend is finally manning up and I'm just so damn proud. After putting up with more of his parents' bullshit (including having his mom call him and lie about getting beaten up by his dad to try to get him to come home when we were right in the middle of a movie at the movie theater), he's finally reached a breaking point and decided he's moving out ASAP. He's signed up for an apartment along with a couple friends and it should be available around August. Until then, he's couch surfing with a few different friends. Right now, he's still at home, but will begin the semi-homeless journey shortly.

Also, I have decided I am fat and have begun a workout routine. No progress to speak of so far...

Also also, I had a wild sex dream about one of the people on this forum...I'll never tell. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 9:27 pm

Boyfriend update: I think he's finally out of his house for good, despite apartment-move-in day being more than 2 months away. Bad shit went down at his house and he ended up going to his friend's house earlier than expected. I think within a couple days some of his friends and possibly me are going to his house to get his stuff. I haven't heard from him since noon today, but other people have contacted me to tell me where he is and what's happened since I last spoke to him. His batshit crazy mother smashed his phone and I'm not sure if there's another available where he is, or if he has internet where he is, so I have no way of contacting him. I'm sure he's fine, he has some good friends that are going to take care of him.

Besides the bad news, he came over yesterday and we had a really good time. My parents went away for the weekend, so we kind of completed a checklist of couple-y things we'd been meaning to do. Innocent In related news, I've learned that he is really jealous of my newest actor crush, so I've been messing with him. Before he got here, I gathered up every magazine I could find that had his picture in them and sprawled them out on my bed. You'd be surprised what a strong and interesting reaction that brought out... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:28 am

Well since we are sharing our lives on here my friend is working on hooking me up with his girl's friend. Which is perfect, it's an in with 0 hassle or effort on my part. hooray
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lobof_124
Admin
Admin
lobof_124

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:44 am

Gangland wrote:
Well since we are sharing our lives on here my friend is working on hooking me up with his girl's friend. Which is perfect, it's an in with 0 hassle or effort on my part. hooray

Laughing hooray

exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:25 am

Well, myself and a couple of my boyfriend's friends (the guy he's living with now and his girlfriend, who is also one of the people he's going to be moving into the apartment with) went over to his former house to pick up some of his stuff. This was supposed to be a quick visit; we showed up unannounced to keep his batshit mother from breaking/destroying anything out of anger (she's done that before many times) and we were planning on running in and out basically. She ended up talking to us for like 4 hours. The first couple were actually kind of pleasant and I was beginning to worry that everything my BF had ever told me about her was wrong. However, things abruptly went fucking berserk and bizarre. All of the sudden, she's calling him a worthless liar, saying he won't amount to anything, and telling him not to touch her and to get out of the house. Thankfully his dad was also there, and although the two of them have never had a great relationship, his dad really stood up for him and helped keep his mom from trampling all over him the entire time. We grabbed most of his clothes, his medicine, and managed to get his car back (she was refusing to let him take it), but she's going to fight him over his cat. She wants to keep it, presumably to blackmail him into coming back home or to make him feel even more like shit; no one disputes it's his cat, she never expressed any interest in having it before. She's even threatened to starve it once when he spent the night at my house and wouldn't come home.

I found it really sad and fascinating that, as we were all carpooling up to his house, he was really happy and joking and everything, but the second we pulled into his driveway, he just got completely meek and defeated. We almost literally had to drag him into his house, he really did not want to go back in there. You could see the physical change and hear it in his voice...really sad about what he's gone through with her all these years, and I thought she was a little out of line with all of us there, I can only imagine what she would have done if it was just him. She's been known to beat him and insult him even worse than tonight. Before now, I always sort of worried that maybe he was just a pussy and couldn't stand up to her, but after seeing her treat him like this in person, she just destroys his self esteem and makes his life impossibly difficult. Textbook case of abuse in a lot of different forms. To sum up: what a fucking bitch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Job interview next week, fuck yeah. It's 3rd shift, so it's going to be brutal to adjust to. But I'd have enough hours (30ish per week) and be making enough money ($11/hr, plus some benefits) to quit my current job, so I'd at least have more time to sleep during the day. The job is also in my related field of study; it's a place for kids with mental/emotional/etc problems, they stay there for usually about a year and receive therapy until they're deemed healthy enough to leave. The position I'm interviewing for is basically just watching the kids as they sleep. Also, it's 4 days on, 4 days off, meaning I'd basically have half the week off every week, which is awesome. That gives me a lot of time to do fun shit also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:10 pm

Yay! I got a pay check! Pimp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lobof_124
Admin
Admin
lobof_124

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Many of ya'll know that I have bed bugs at my place.

Today, I randomly looked at the apt dumpsters today, and noticed that there were 3 other couches laying around next to them. These facts are finally settling in, that there is somewhat of an infestation at these complexes.

I can't wait for November to come, so that I can get the fuck out of here! Shoot

exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:15 pm

I haven't really been online that much lately because of life and whatnot. I think I might have scored the job from the other day, the guy just needs to check my references and I should know for sure within a couple weeks. Also resumed work at my shitty job and the hours are all fucked up, so I never really know when I'm getting off, that sucks. Every couple of days or so I go visit my boyfriend and the guy he lives with/whoever else happens to come over that day and we usually do stupid shit together all day. Yesterday we went out and got sushi (I never thought I'd enjoy sushi...especially the eel roll, which is my favorite, oddly enough) and then frozen yogurt, and then came home and played stupid video games for hours. So yeah I'm not exactly busy with important stuff, but busy nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vindicated_Killer
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Vindicated_Killer

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:22 pm

I've been gobbling up novels like tic tacs lately from a wide range of styles and genres. I went for a year and hardly picked up a book, working and getting adjusted to married life, but the reading has improved my output at work and I'm penning some short fiction of my own again. I've been everywhere from horror to artsy coming of age stories about college to the misanthropic tales of Elmore Leonard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:56 pm

I'm gonna be house sitting for two weeks starting Friday. Should be fun. Also I'm doing a 7 day cannabis fast. I'm following Terence Mckenna's recommendation on proper cannabis consumption (he says the best way to do cannabis is once a week and in large doses in order to try and reach a more psychedelic plane and keep yourself from developing a high tolerance). Should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lobof_124
Admin
Admin
lobof_124

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Yeah, just gonna throw out my old bed, and replace it with an air mattress until I move out. Fuck this shit. Hopefully, some of these annoying critters will go away after I do that.

Vindicated_Killer
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Vindicated_Killer

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:25 pm

I wrote a 12-part series for the paper I work for last summer and it won second place for best feature series in our 2011 company wide awards, which is pretty cool considering the company I work for owns papers all over the eastern seaboard. It also comes with a small cash prize, which isn't too shabby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:21 am

My boyfriend and I had quite the crazy day yesterday. The craziest of which involved us having sex in a dressing room at the mall (hopefully no cameras). I don't even know what happened to bring that on, that's totally uncharacteristic of us...unfortunately, the mood was ruined for a few minutes when a little girl came into the dressing room next to us... Doh

Also, I had pretty much the least American 4th of July possible. I spent my day watching Jane Eyre and listening to Morrissey, mostly. My family did have a small cookout, which I participated in, but I had a vegetarian burger. So that hardly even counts. Laughing

Also also, I've been following my exercise routine pretty well, and am even contemplating buying a bike. Still no noticeable results though...I was kinda hoping there'd be some improvement, I'm going to a friend's wedding next weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:40 pm

I was somehow talked into going to a pig roast with my boyfriend and his friend. Wow, that was an experience. I've never seen so many morbidly obese, toothless, mullet-ed hicks in one area before. I kind of expected as much (a pig roast isn't exactly a classy event) but I at least expected some good comfort food. Nope, my mom cooks about 1,000 times better than what they were serving. Pork was dry and bland. Yes, I ate some, yes, I fail as a vegetarian...but pork is one of my "okay to eat very rarely in emergencies" meats, plus they just handed you a plate of food and I felt bad not eating half of it. I was expecting a buffet. They were serving beer too, and the guy we went with said it was warm and terrible...I wouldn't know, neither my boyfriend nor I drink. Of course that started a whole awkward argument about how he would offer my boyfriend $200 to get drunk, and he refused, and the guy insisted, and he said there's too much alcoholism in his family for him to risk it, and the guy said that was a stupid reason...sigh. So yeah, not the best day.

The best thing that happened today was at work (surprisingly). We had a camp of high school/college football players that came in, with almost all of them wearing gym shorts. Yeah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lobof_124
Admin
Admin
lobof_124

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:42 pm

exploding_pool wrote:
I was somehow talked into going to a pig roast with my boyfriend and his friend. Wow, that was an experience. I've never seen so many morbidly obese, toothless, mullet-ed hicks in one area before. I kind of expected as much (a pig roast isn't exactly a classy event) but I at least expected some good comfort food. Nope, my mom cooks about 1,000 times better than what they were serving. Pork was dry and bland. Yes, I ate some, yes, I fail as a vegetarian...but pork is one of my "okay to eat very rarely in emergencies" meats, plus they just handed you a plate of food and I felt bad not eating half of it. I was expecting a buffet. They were serving beer too, and the guy we went with said it was warm and terrible...I wouldn't know, neither my boyfriend nor I drink. Of course that started a whole awkward argument about how he would offer my boyfriend $200 to get drunk, and he refused, and the guy insisted, and he said there's too much alcoholism in his family for him to risk it, and the guy said that was a stupid reason...sigh. So yeah, not the best day.

The best thing that happened today was at work (surprisingly). We had a camp of high school/college football players that came in, with almost all of them wearing gym shorts. Yeah

A roast picnic gathering of any kind should have some GOOD quality meat. FAIL!!!! Evil or Very Mad

PICTURES, OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN, HEATHER!! hooray Yeah

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'What's on your mind?' Thread   The 'What's on your mind?' Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 'What's on your mind?' Thread
Page 21 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowed Regions Metal Forums :: SR Community :: Random Talk/Entertainment-
Jump to: