Share | 

Upcoming Releases (2012)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:11 pm

Pretty self explanatory, post upcoming releases here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iwillstabyou
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:45 pm

I'm super pumped for new Cannibal Corpse, Meshuggah, and Pig Destroyer. I think Aborted's new album is out soon too but I don't know when. Thats all I know of off the top of my head right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lobof_124
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:58 pm

Not too updated, but I think Prosanctus Inferi are releasing another full-length this year. Smile

Surgical_Brute

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:39 pm

Obscure Infinity
Ketzer
Witchrist ( I think their new one is due out this year)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hideous
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:39 pm

NEW EVERY TIME I DIE! WOOOOOO!
Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Not too updated myself which is why I made this thread so we can all make a somewhat collective effort to try and stay on top of shit.

I'm not sure if these are coming out this year but Hell's is repressing the Impetigo albums on vinyl which is great cause I still need wax of Horror of the Zombies. I know there's a butt fuck ton of splits yonder way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynical

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:28 pm

Demoncy and Birth A.D. both have new albums coming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hideous
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:34 am

Goatwhore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:33 pm

DATES PEOPLE! Add dates!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynical

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:19 pm

I don't have dates for either one of mine. I know that Birth A.D. is nearly done in the studio with theirs, and that Demoncy's has been recorded, has been available for pre-order since October, and that it's supposed to be released in a few weeks (provided that the artwork is actually correct).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iwillstabyou
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Cannibal Corpse and Meshuggah are both coming out in March I'm pretty sure. I know Meshuggah's album is late March. New Aborted is out today. I have no idea about Pig Destroyer. I just know its supposed to happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muz

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:24 pm

Veil of Maya - Eclipse (2/28)
Drudkh - Eternal Turn of the Wheel (2/24)
Ufomammut - Oro: Opus Primum (April) and Oro: Opus Alter (Sept)
Burzum - Umskiptar (May)

So far for me. I'll prob add more as the year progresses
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:53 am

Quote :
Veteran California metallers HIRAX will enter Skull Seven Studio in North Hollywood, California in early June with producer Bill Metoyer (SLAYER, W.A.S.P. , ARMORED SAINT, DARK ANGEL, SACRED REICH, CRYPTIC SLAUGHTER, D.R.I.) to begin recording their fourth full-length album for a late 2012 release via Black Devil Records.

Headbang Headbang Headbang
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:44 am

Quote :
Legendary gore metal pioneers NECROPHAGIA have released a teaser trailer (see below) for their upcoming DVD, "Gospel Of Gore". Produced and directed by Toetag Inc., the DVD "combines the audio horror of NECROPHAGIA and the visual assault Toetag brings forth," according to a press release. "The 'Gospel' is currently in the early stages of pre-production."

NECROPHAGIA last year announced plans to release a new full-length album titled "Whiteworm Cathedral" on Halloween 2012.

A demo version of a new song, "March Of The DeathCorps(e)", can be streamed in the YouTube clip below.

NECROPHAGIA's most recent CD, "Deathtrip 69", came out in May 2011 via Season Of Mist. The band's fifth official full-length effort was recorded at Last House On The Left Studios in Ohio with vocalist Killjoy and guitarist Boris Randall handling production duties. The cover concept and title track were based on the "Manson family" ordeal of the late 1960s.

"Deathtrip 69" featured guest appearances by Maniac (SKITLIV, ex-MAYHEM) and Casey Chaos (AMEN).

"Gospel Of Gore" teaser trailer:

Quote :
"Vermin Of The Sky", a brand new song from German thrash metal veterans EXUMER. The track comes off the band's first album in 24 years , "Fire & Damnation", which will be released in North America on April 10 via Metal Blade Records. The 10-track CD, which was recorded with renowned producer Waldemar Sorychta (GRIP INC., THERION, SODOM, MOONSPELL), "combines a punishing production with aggressive songwriting," according to a press release. "EXUMER manages to capture the intensity and feel of the 1980s thrash metal gems and yet sound up to date on their latest output."

Comments EXUMER singer Mem V. Stein: "'Vermin Of The Sky' is a perfect example of how we maintained a very 1980s songwriting approach, incorporating catchy hooks and a memorable breakdown that is reminiscent of our work from the '80s. I tried to use strong imagery throughout the record and this track is inspired by the consequences of last year's earthquake and subsequent tsunami that almost caused a complete fall-out at the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan. The 'vermin of the sky' refers to the radiation and other airborne dangers that we are exposed to, not only in emergency zones, but also in our daily lives."

"Fire & Damnation" track listing:

01. Fire & Damnation
02. Vermin Of The Sky
03. The Weakest Limb
04. A New Morality
05. Waking The Fire
06. Fallen Saint
07. Crushing Point
08. Devil Chaser
09. I Dare You
10. Tribal Furies
11. Destructive Solution (bonus live track)
12. A Mortal In Black (bonus live track)
13. Xiron Darkstar (bonus live track)

Comments singer Mem V. Stein: "With 'Fire & Damnation', we tried to create the most punishing and dominant thrash metal album of our career. No lackluster songs, no fillers, no lazy performance and no compromises. It moves straight forward from the the very first song to the last, delivering a vibrant mix of skilled musicianship with the urgency of the classic thrash records from the 1980s!"

EXUMER is:

Mem V. Stein - Vocals
Ray Mensh - Guitar
T. Schiavo - Bass
H.K. - Guitar
Matthias Kassner - Drums

Formed in 1985 by Mem V. Stein and guitarist Ray Mensh, EXUMER went on to release two albums (1986's "Possessed By Fire" and 1987's "Rising From The Sea") that are regarded as some of the most cult thrash metal releases ever to come out of Germany. EXUMER was also one of the first thrash metal acts to capture exotic, foreign markets like Poland and Brazil, where their albums were domestically released in the 1980s. The subsequent tours that followed those releases secured the band live shows in front of thousands of fans and an unusually large following outside of Germany.

Plagued by lineup changes and internal turmoil, the band broke up in 1990, and did not perform live, with the exception of 2001 appearance at the prestigious Wacken Open Air festival, until 2009.

Mem and Ray decided to re-activate EXUMER in 2008, and the band embarked on their first tour since 1988. The "5 Nights of Fire Tour", took the band through Europe (Germany, Holland, Greece), and the USA, where they headlined the "Thrasho de Mayo Festival" in front of 1,300 fans in Los Angeles.

EXUMER returned to Europe in spring and the fall of 2010, where the band appeared at Norway's Inferno Festival, among other stops in Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Poland and Bulgaria during the "European Ignition Tour Part I & II".

Quote :
"Stalingrad", the title track of the new album from reformed heavy metal legends ACCEPT, is available for free download at NuclearBlast.de (e-mail sign-up required).

"Stalingrad" will be released on April 6 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was once again helmed by British producer Andy Sneap (MEGADETH, EXODUS, NEVERMORE, ARCH ENEMY), who worked on the band's critically acclaimed comeback effort, "Blood Of The Nations".

"Stalingrad"will be made available in the following formats:

* Limited CD+DVD
* CD
* 2LP (red) in gatefold
* 2LP (white/red) in gatefold - exclusive Nuclear Blast mailorder edition

"Stalingrad" track listing:

01. Hung, Drawn And Quartered
02. Stalingrad
03. Hellfire
04. Flash To Bang Time
05. Shadow Soldiers
06. Revolution
07. Against The World
08. Twist Of Fate
09. The Quick And The Dead
10. Never Forget (bonus track)
11. The Galley

DVD contents:

Official Bootleg

Live at Bang Your Head!!! 2011

01. Princess Of The Dawn
02. Pandemic
03. No Shelter

Live at Masters Of Rock 2010

04. Teutonic Terror
05. The Abyss

Video clips

06. Teutonic Terror
07. Pandemic

The "Stalingrad" title track is available for streaming in the YouTube clip below.

Commented ACCEPT guitarist Wolf Hoffman: "ACCEPT and Andy Sneap have the perfect synergy. This was so clear with 'Blood Of The Nations' and we are excited to continue on that path. Andy is not only an amazing and prolific producer but also a very good friend who has long become a member of the ACCEPT family."

Regarding the musical direction of ACCEPT's next album, Hoffmann told The Rock Pit
last year, "We're just gonna have the same attitude, the approach;
we're just gonna do more of the same, you know, without it being the
same. More similar-style stuff, hopefully fresh new ideas. And I mean,
we're not gonna… The intention is not to change it right now. I mean,
why would we? . . . But I have to say, it's always easier said than
done. It's incredibly difficult to write songs that are sort of
reminiscent of the past but they're not, you know, rip-offs of your own
music. That sounds incredibly very simple, but it's really not,
especially if you have a sort of history of 15 albums or whatever we
have. Then there are always similarities that you have to avoid. It
can't be too close, but it can't be too far away from it. So it's a
pretty fine line that you have to walk sometimes, but, you know,
hopefully we'll manage again."

ACCEPT's July 15, 2011 performance at last year's edition of the Bang Your Head!!!
festival in Balingen, Germany marked the band's return to a five-piece
format after the group spent a couple of months touring as a quartet
due to the fact that guitarist Herman Frank suffered broken ribs and a punctured lung in a stage fall on May 6, 2011 in San Antonio.

"Blood Of The Nations" was released in North America on September 14, 2010 via Nuclear Blast Records. Recorded at Sneap's Backstage Studio in Derbyshire, England, the CD marked the debut of the band's latest addition, vocalist Mark Tornillo (ex-TT QUICK).

ACCEPT 2012 is:

Wolf Hoffmann: Guitar
Peter Baltes: Bass
Herman Frank: Guitar
Mark Tornillo: Vocals
Stefan Schwarzmann: Drums

Quote :
RUNNING WILD will release its brand new album, "Shadowmaker", in Germany on April 20, in the rest of Europe on April 23 and in the U.S./Canada on April 24 via SPV/Steamhammer.
The effort will be released as a limited first edition in a black jewel
case with silver printing and slipcase plus a 40-minute bonus DVD with a
"making-of" documentary and a track-by-track commentary by RUNNING WILD mainman Rock 'N' Rolf.
The double gatefold LP will come with printed innersleeves and clear
vinyl. There also will be a boxset limited to 1,000 copies worldwide. It
contains 2 LPs, the black jewel case with the DVD, a poster, a sticker,
a postcard and a 30-page book in LP size about the history of the band.

The cover of "Shadowmaker"
is the most unusual in the history of the band, but when you listen to
the title track and read the lyrics, you will understand the meaning of
it. It was created by Rock 'N' Rolf and Jens Reinhold (EVERGREY, FREEDOM CALL, VIRGIN STEELE), who will also handle artwork for all configurations.

Black Jewel Case + DVD track listing:

CD

01. Piece Of The Action (4:25)
02. Riding On The Tide (4:18)
03. I Am Who I Am (4:51)
04. Black Shadow (5:13)
05. Locomotive (4:35)
06. Me & The Boys (5:00)
07. Shadowmaker (4:25)
08. Sailing Fire (4:14)
09. Into The Black (4:57)
10. Dracula (7:29)

DVD

* Making of "Shadowmaker"
* Track-by-track commentary by Rock 'N' Rolf

Length: approximately 40 min

LP track listing:

LP 1

Side 1

01. Piece Of The Action (4:25)
02. Riding On The Tide (4:18)
03. I Am Who I Am (4:51)

Side 2

01. Black Shadow (5:13)
02. Locomotive (4:35)
03. Me & The Boys (5:00)

LP 2

Side 1

01. Shadowmaker (4:25)
02. Sailing Fire (4:14)
03. Into The Black (4:57)

Side 2

01. Dracula (7:29)

Box Set:

* 2 LPs, clear vinyl
* Black jewel case including DVD
* Poster
* Postcard
* Sticker
* 30 page book in LP size about the history of the band plus photos
* 35 x 35 cm
* Hard cardboard material with top

Quote :
German thrash metal veterans KREATOR revealed the cover artwork of the limited edition of the band's upcoming album, "Phantom Antichrist". The limited edition will be made available as two-disc digipack, including a bonus DVD.

Commented KREATOR guitarist/vocalist Mille Petrozza: "Jan Meininghaus,
who did this one, is a cover artist from my hometown, Essen, Germany. I
really love the artwork he came up with for the limited edition. It's
pure mayhem, powerful and dark!"

"Phantom Antichrist" will be released on June 1 in Europe and June 5 in North America via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was recorded at Fascination Street Studios in Örebro, Sweden with renowned producer Jens Bogren (OPETH, KATATONIA, SOILWORK, DEVIN TOWNSEND, AMON AMARTH).

The cover artwork for the standard edition of "Phantom Antichrist" was created by Wes Benscoter (SLAYER, DIO, BLACK SABBATH) and can be seen below.

KREATOR will release a seven-inch single containing the "Phantom Antichrist"
title track on April 20. The collector's item will be available in
colored red vinyl (limited to 250 pieces) as well as in clear vinyl
(limited to 250 pieces, exclusively available at the Nuclear Blast mailorder).

A brand new promotional photo of KREATOR can be seen below (photo by Stefan Heilemann of Stuttgart, Germany's Heilemania).

When asked about the musical direction of KREATOR's new material, the band's guitarist/vocalist Miland "Mille" Petrozza
stated in a recent interview, "The songs are coming along great and I
think it's OK to say that this will be our most epic album so far.
There's some classical, a lot of traditional metal, and, of course, a
huge dose of thrash metal influences in the new stuff. Everyone in the
band is very excited at this point. The demos sound killer so far. We
have about 10 songs we're working on so far.

Regarding the lyrical and visual concept for the forthcoming CD, Petrozza
said, "It's too early to talk about the lyrics yet; many are written,
but they keep changing all the time. Visually, we have tapped Wes Benscoter [BLACK SABBATH, DIO, SLAYER, CATTLE DECAPITATION, BLOODBATH] for the cover art. I can tell you this much: The artwork will be insane!"

In an interview with Aftonbladet journalist Mattias Kling, Petrozza stated about KREATOR's collaboration with Jens Bogren, "He's really good; I like him. I like the sounds that he gets. And I think the combination — Jens Bogren and KREATOR — it will be pretty heavy."

On the topic of how the new material is different from KREATOR's previous output, Mille
said, "It's always a little hard for me to talk about music has been
written but is not released yet. It will definitely have all the KREATOR
trademarks. The lyrics will talk about nowadays stuff, as usual, so it
will be like a photography of the year 2012. Also the lyrics will deal a
lot of things that are actually happening at this point in time. It
will be like reading a newspaper or something [laughs], with all the
stuff happening. And, of course, the music will be typical KREATOR, and we also wanna expand the sound and progress as musicians. I mean, this lineup has been the strongest lineup KREATOR ever had since ten years, and now I think we're ready to come out with an album that blows everyone away."

KREATOR has selected Poland's Grupa 13 (BEHEMOTH, ELUVEITIE, SONATA ARCTICA, DECAPITATED) to helm the video for the title track of their forthcoming album, "Phantom Antichrist".

Commented KREATOR guitarist/vocalist Mille Petrozza: "The clips produced by Grupa 13
are groundbreaking visual trips that justify the existence of music
videos in this day and age. In support of the lyrical concept of our new
album, I could not think of a better creative solution than a
collaboration with these great visionaries."

KREATOR is:

Miland "Mille" Petrozza – Vocals, Guitrar
Sami Yli-Sirniö - Guitar
Christian "Speesy" Giesler - Bass
Jürgen "Ventor" Reil - Drums

"Phantom Antichrist" limited-edition artwork:

"Phantom Antichrist" album artwork:

"Phantom Antichrist" single artwork:

Quote :
German alcoholic thrashers TANKARD have entered Studio 23 in Frankfurt with producer Michael Mainx (ONKELZ, DER W, DISBELIEF, D-A-D) to begin recording their 30th-anniversary album, due later in the year via the band's new label home, Nuclear Blast Records.

Commented Mainx: "I'm really looking forward to go on the second round with TANKARD
to record the songs for their 30-years anniversary album worthily and
sustain the successful and direfully work together with the thrash metal
veterans from Frankfurt."

Added TANKARD vocalist Andreas "Gerre" Geremia: "We're shaking like a leaf because it's very near that Michael Mainx
is going to screw us again... sternness apart: we are also very excited
about working with him together again. Especially I, as the singer of
the band, treasured him because at 'Vol(l)ume 14', he brought out the best in me, had ingenious ideas and was the bodily patience! Let's do it again!"

The first in a series of webisodes featuring behind-the-scenes footage from the recording sessions can be seen below.

TANKARD's fourteenth studio album, "Vol(l)ume 14", was released on December 17, 2010 via AFM Records. The limited-edition digipak version of the album includes a bonus DVD containing footage of TANKARD's performance at the 2009 edition of the Headbangers Open Air festival, which took place July 23-25, 2009 in in Brande-Hörnerkirchen, Germany.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Tue May 01, 2012 12:20 am

I just heard Purtenance are releasing a new EP this summer (!) and a new full length is expected in 2013 (!!!).

Also newly announced is a 7" split from Converge and Napalm Death, which should be all kinds of awesome.

Looking forward to hearing new Cemetery Urn, Profanatica, Nile, and Ahab. I've also heard rumors of a possible new release from both Anaal Nathrakh and Cephalotripsy, fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sunnportal
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Tue May 01, 2012 1:02 am

exploding_pool wrote:
I just heard Purtenance are releasing a new EP this summer (!) and a new full length is expected in 2013 (!!!).

Also newly announced is a 7" split from Converge and Napalm Death, which should be all kinds of awesome.

Looking forward to hearing new Cemetery Urn, Profanatica, Nile, and Ahab. I've also heard rumors of a possible new release from both Anaal Nathrakh and Cephalotripsy, fingers crossed.

Purtenance has released a sample track already.

Profanatica has had a 2012 release already. A compilation of different studio sessions. It's great.

New Cemetery Urn this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Tue May 01, 2012 1:53 am

Yeah but I think Profanatica are also supposed to have a full length this year. And yes, new Cemetery Urn. This is what I've heard, anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sunnportal
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Tue May 01, 2012 1:57 am

exploding_pool wrote:
Yeah but I think Profanatica are also supposed to have a full length this year. And yes, new Cemetery Urn. This is what I've heard, anyway.

New Vomitor too i believe! That will destroy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vindicated_Killer
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Tue May 08, 2012 3:18 pm

New Cemetery Urn? I'm there. I'm also pumped for new Company Band EP and Baroness full length in July.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Tue May 08, 2012 4:50 pm

According to their Facebook page, they pretty much just started recording the new songs earlier this month, so it might be out closer to the end of the year. They don't even have a title for it yet. There's also supposedly a new EP coming out too, but I can't find anything about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   Mon May 14, 2012 12:30 am

New Druid Lord!!!!!
http://www.druidlord.com/

And a new October 31 7" is coming up and a new record in the next year or so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Releases (2012)   

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Releases (2012)
Page 1 of 1