Share | 

Bands that would be good if only...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger

PostSubject: Bands that would be good if only...   Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:23 pm

...they wouldn't have one devastating flaw.

It occurred to me today that Volbeat is basically Tiger Army meets Five Finger Death Punch. One part of what they're doing is great, I love Tiger Army and most psychobilly. But then they go and ruin everything by having these lame chugging riffs and acting like tough guys. It's a shame. As much as these guys apparently love Elvis, they could be a much classier psychobilly kind of band and do it really well, too.

Inquisition is another one that stands out to me. If it weren't for the Squidward vocals, they could be a decent band. I don't think I would ever consider them to be really great (the music is just kind of meh to me) but it would certainly make them listenable and let me take them more seriously, at least.

Now to really gay things up: A couple years ago I would have said really high pitched vocals ruined a lot of bands for me. Now I'm listening to Coheed and Cambria as I type this. And I've grown to love a lot of post-hardcore bands with extremely gay vocals. It's funny how things work like that, it just doesn't bother me anymore. So there's still hope for Inquisition. But there's no hope for Volbeat. Fuck them. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Bands that would be good if only...   Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Inquisition I hear sound different vocally live, and their early Thrash stuff has normal vocals. However I disagree. The squidward vocals are a must! In fact they need to be more open about their vocalist.

I'd still listen to cry-ptopsy is it wasn't for:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iwillstabyou
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Bands that would be good if only...   Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:09 pm

There are some deathcore bands out there that could be decent/listenable death metal bands if they didn't have the chug chug breakdown shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Bands that would be good if only...   Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:52 pm

A lot of bands would be great if only they didn't suck so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Premonition666

PostSubject: Re: Bands that would be good if only...   Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:45 pm

Whitechapel would be a good band if it wasn't for the douchy killing machine lyrics and the breakdowns.

Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Bands that would be good if only...   Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:37 pm

A ton of bands would be better if they didn't write songs as if they absolutely HAD to put a breakdown in there somewhere. I'm thinking of a lot of locals as well as bands that people have heard before. It gets annoying when I'm hearing something for the first time and can accurately guess the next section of the song.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Bands that would be good if only...   Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Hideous wrote:
A ton of bands would be better if they didn't write songs as if they absolutely HAD to put a breakdown in there somewhere. I'm thinking of a lot of locals as well as bands that people have heard before. It gets annoying when I'm hearing something for the first time and can accurately guess the next section of the song.
Yeah, I've noticed that too with some of the Hardcore Punk/Crust/Grindcore bands that I get recommended to me. Thats pretty much the only way to sound "modern" now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands that would be good if only...   

Back to top Go down

Bands that would be good if only...
Page 1 of 1