Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

Currently Playing... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:13 pm

iwillstabyou wrote:
The same thing happened to me when I saw that. Its still a pretty sweet cover but I can't take it seriously now that I keep picturing Joe sitting in his wheel chair screaming the lyrics Laughing
I just looked this up out of curiosity. Holy fuck, it does sound like him. Laughing The Acacia Strain are one of the most boring bands in the world, though. I can't stand listening to them for 8 minutes...

I'm on my second play-through of the first Dragon Age game. Might think about picking up the second one some day, but I've heard mixed reviews.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iwillstabyou
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
iwillstabyou

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:23 am

I actually got motivated to try and beat God of War last night, and then our PS2 wouldn't work. Fucking great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:46 pm

LA Noire is fucking amazing. That is all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:03 am

Doom 3 and Icarus: Alien Vanguard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:17 pm

I'm somewhat addicted to Skate 3, which I caved down and bought not too long after my post where I debated buying it Laughing. I wish I wasn't so lame at skateboarding in real life, because I really do love watching/engaging in it virtually. I tried briefly...never again. I am so nonathletic, it's just sad.

Also have been revisiting The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and the DLC Shivering Isles, to get me all pumped for Skyrim. Like most nerds, I am eagerly awaiting it, although somewhat skeptical about the dragon shouts concept and the fact that they seem to be re-designing the game to be more combat-focused. I hope that works out, I really do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:15 am

exploding_pool wrote:
I'm somewhat addicted to Skate 3, which I caved down and bought not too long after my post where I debated buying it Laughing. I wish I wasn't so lame at skateboarding in real life, because I really do love watching/engaging in it virtually. I tried briefly...never again. I am so nonathletic, it's just sad.

Also have been revisiting The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and the DLC Shivering Isles, to get me all pumped for Skyrim. Like most nerds, I am eagerly awaiting it, although somewhat skeptical about the dragon shouts concept and the fact that they seem to be re-designing the game to be more combat-focused. I hope that works out, I really do.
I tried skateboarding too for awhile. I did a kick flip once in my life and then thought "this shit is hard" and gave up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hades
Rookie
Rookie
Hades

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:30 pm

Ultimate Doom (Stuck on Ep.4 Lvl.2)
Doom II
Legend of Zelda (Original)

Reliving childhood memories is fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Hades wrote:
Ultimate Doom (Stuck on Ep.4 Lvl.2)
I hear that. Only just beat map 24 on Icarus Alien Vanguard. Doom designers know how to get you stuck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Hades wrote:
A while ago, my boyfriend gave me his N64 and a few of his games since he had no use for it anymore and we just sort of dump stuff on each other like that. One of the games he gave me was Ocarina of Time and I feel so bad that I never got into it...I feel like a gaming failure. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hades
Rookie
Rookie
Hades

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:34 pm

exploding_pool wrote:
Hades wrote:
A while ago, my boyfriend gave me his N64 and a few of his games since he had no use for it anymore and we just sort of dump stuff on each other like that. One of the games he gave me was Ocarina of Time and I feel so bad that I never got into it...I feel like a gaming failure. Laughing

Laughing I've been playing that game since I was 4 or 5 years old so it's sort of imprinted into my DNA. My dad was a big Zelda fan when the orginal NES games came out so I sort of followed suit. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:34 am

exploding_pool wrote:
Hades wrote:
Its all good, I've never played a Zelda game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 10:09 pm

Duke Nukem 3D & still working on Doom 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:24 pm

Beat Doom 3. I even played and beat that game Portal, it was fun but the fans are gay. Now working on Final Doom The Plutonia Experiment
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Premonition666
Premonition666

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 3:43 pm

just beat both expansions of GTA4 this week (The Lost and the Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony)

exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:22 am

Gangland wrote:
I even played and beat that game Portal, it was fun but the fans are gay.
Quoted for truth. The first game was kind of a fun little experiment, but it was super overpriced, too short, and people just went overboard with the praise. I didn't even feel like it was a completed game. The second one is pretty much more of the same, all style and very little substance.

With the help of my boyfriend (who I used to get me past one really hard part I was stuck on and a couple of the annoying combat sequences), I FINALLY beat Mirror's Edge the other day. Definitely worth a rental/cheap purchase, but they kind of ruined it with the combat. It doesn't work well with the game's mechanics, it takes away from the fun stuff, and it just feels forced. There's usually at least one combat sequence in every level and you can see them coming from a mile away. I kept dreading those parts. If it wasn't for that, I would totally recommend it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:25 pm

exploding_pool wrote:
Gangland wrote:
I even played and beat that game Portal, it was fun but the fans are gay.
Quoted for truth. The first game was kind of a fun little experiment, but it was super overpriced, too short, and people just went overboard with the praise. I didn't even feel like it was a completed game. The second one is pretty much more of the same, all style and very little substance.
I still think its overpriced, which is why I worked internet magic. I did think it was fun, and even funny at parts. Needed more violence and the whole "cake it a lie" joke is funny in game wise, but as fat ugly nerd chicks wearing a shirt with it and shooting it all over the internet like diarrhea in a toilet, that diminishes its comedy value. I actually was going to skip this game due to the fans, but I tried a demo and that peaked my interest so I gave it a go. May try out 2, but right now I'll stick with Doom and Wolfenstein.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:27 pm

Beat Plutonia!

Now I'm working on:
Wolfenstein
Final Fantasy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:55 pm

SKYRIM.

Sometimes I wonder what it's like dating someone who isn't a nerd (come to think of it, all of my boyfriends have been nerds...). My boyfriend and I have both been drooling over this game pretty much ever since it was announced, and now we're both hooked. It's nice to be with someone who understands your problem and who doesn't get mad when you neglect them for a game. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:29 pm

I never really got into the Elder Scroll games. Morrowind was WAY too in depth for me, I never got Oblivion to work (though I probably can now).

I found me a copy of Defense Grid so I'm playing that and Final Fantasy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:57 pm

Yeah Morrowind was pretty divisive among people. You either loved it for its depth or hated it. I can't even imagine playing an Elder Scrolls game without the option to fast travel to different points, so I'm too scared to even attempt that game. Imagine going the wrong way to a certain point and having to walk the entire way back across the map.... *shudder* Oblivion was a lot better and more palatable for most people, I think. Of course, the really hardcore players thought they dumbed it down, which they probably did, but maybe that's not always such a bad thing. Laughing

After playing many, many hours of Skyrim, I only have a couple minor complaints (if anyone is considering getting it and if you value my opinion at all). For one thing, I don't like the new menu system. It seemed like everything was better organized in Oblivion and I don't get the point of being able to see a little picture of every item when you scroll over it. Yeah, I get it, it's a note...all notes look the same, do I really need to have a little picture of each one floating next to it? I'm still getting used to it, but having a hard time navigating it. For another thing, I don't really like the new leveling up system either. In Oblivion, you would level up a skill, and when you reached a certain point, you'd get a little bonus. Like if you got your acrobatics skill to a certain level, you'd have a new ability like jumping on water. Here, you use a Fallout-esque perk system and basically buy these abilities with your stats. So if you have an archery skill of 50, you can "buy" a perk of your choice under the archery category as long as it "costs" 50 points or less. The problem with this is a lot of the perks are kind of lame and to get to the good stuff, you have to unlock a lot of things you don't really want because it's organized like a tree. Like in order to be able to get the ability to decapitate enemies, you have to buy the perk to increase one-handed weapon damage, decrease stamina used in power attacks, etc. It just makes it seem like leveling up isn't that satisfying anymore because you have to get a lot of stuff you don't want or need to unlock the best abilities, whereas Oblivion would sort of give you little gifts every now and then when you earned them. And if you don't get a perk right away and save it for later, it's hard to see much of a difference in your abilities, besides being slightly more powerful.

Still, I really enjoy it and it's been just as addicting as Oblivion (although at times not as satisfying). Also, the dragon shouts aren't nearly as gay as I feared they would be. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Meh. I'll get to it eventually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McG0reson
Rookie
Rookie
McG0reson

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:47 pm

After playing bolth Baldur's Gate and Fallout I haven't had much desire to try the elder scrolls game. From what I've seen, Baldur's Gate has a better fantasy RPG setting, and I think the bethesda style interface works better with fallout. Plus the whole Fallout universe makes me 8=========D~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:03 pm

I heard about a new Doom II megawad called Reverie, and my interest was peaked so I'm playing through it right now. This megawad destroys 99% of new games today, I'm about 11 maps in and each map is huge! Probably gonna be working on it for awhile, but its a fun play for all you Doom fans, and its free!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:40 am

I picked up this game for a dollar last night. Pretty cool platformer with a good difficulty.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stellarvore

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Mass Effect Marathon....I'm about halfway through number 2. Never had a good save, so I'm doing it over where I get the characters I like through the final mission alive in order to start 3 how I want.

Also, AC:R, Batman AC sitting on my shelf, no time to play...

Star Trek Online is cool and free now, been playing that. BF3, and a little Skyrim. I wish I had more free time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Currently Playing...   Currently Playing... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Currently Playing...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next