Share | 

Stuff you're hoping to score one day...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger

PostSubject: Stuff you're hoping to score one day...   Wed May 09, 2012 6:40 pm

So I'm sitting down and trying to organize my thoughts about albums I need to get, since there's so many things I'm constantly on the lookout for, preferably at a bargain. I'm trying to make a list of albums I hope to own someday, and was wondering what else you guys are lusting after.

I'm still looking for a physical copy of Balnasar's full length album; it's limited to 300 copies and I have never once seen any for sale anywhere. I'm trying to get around to buying Incantation's "Onward to Golgotha" but it's usually really overpriced and people fight to the death over it whenever it pops up on eBay. I'd love to get Dominus Xul's first album one day, again, pretty tough to find. I'm hoping I'll finally buy diSEMBOWELMENT one of these days soon because I think it's being re-released on vinyl in the near future. Looking for Infester's full length also; Moribund Cult has some right now but they're in kind of rough shape, they're missing the booklets, so I might as well just burn my own copy. Those are the first few that come to mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sunnportal
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you're hoping to score one day...   Thu May 10, 2012 9:30 pm

exploding_pool wrote:
So I'm sitting down and trying to organize my thoughts about albums I need to get, since there's so many things I'm constantly on the lookout for, preferably at a bargain. I'm trying to make a list of albums I hope to own someday, and was wondering what else you guys are lusting after.

I'm still looking for a physical copy of Balnasar's full length album; it's limited to 300 copies and I have never once seen any for sale anywhere. I'm trying to get around to buying Incantation's "Onward to Golgotha" but it's usually really overpriced and people fight to the death over it whenever it pops up on eBay. I'd love to get Dominus Xul's first album one day, again, pretty tough to find. I'm hoping I'll finally buy diSEMBOWELMENT one of these days soon because I think it's being re-released on vinyl in the near future. Looking for Infester's full length also; Moribund Cult has some right now but they're in kind of rough shape, they're missing the booklets, so I might as well just burn my own copy. Those are the first few that come to mind.

Onward to Golgotha has had a CD/DVD reissue. It's good.

Moribund Cult has the Infester album. They are in fine condition, just don't have the booklets. Still well worth only 6 bucks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you're hoping to score one day...   Thu May 10, 2012 9:52 pm

Yeah but if I'm not even getting the art or anything, I'm perfectly content to just burn it to a disc until if/when I find another copy floating around or it gets a reissue. And yeah, the Onward reissue is typically the overpriced one, because everyone has the same bright idea of just picking up the reissue. Laughing Plus I would love to get it on vinyl, as though that will ever happen...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sunnportal
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you're hoping to score one day...   Thu May 10, 2012 9:59 pm

exploding_pool wrote:
Yeah but if I'm not even getting the art or anything, I'm perfectly content to just burn it to a disc until if/when I find another copy floating around or it gets a reissue. And yeah, the Onward reissue is typically the overpriced one, because everyone has the same bright idea of just picking up the reissue. Laughing Plus I would love to get it on vinyl, as though that will ever happen...

Picky bitch!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you're hoping to score one day...   Mon May 14, 2012 12:36 am

exploding_pool wrote:
If I'm not mistaken I thing Onward got a reissue on vinyl for its (20th?) anniversary so you could get that fairly well priced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sunnportal
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you're hoping to score one day...   Mon May 14, 2012 8:12 am

Gangland wrote:
exploding_pool wrote:
If I'm not mistaken I thing Onward got a reissue on vinyl for its (20th?) anniversary so you could get that fairly well priced.

Was limited to 1000 i think. Probably long gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R'lyeh Liberation Front
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you're hoping to score one day...   Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:04 am

Plus the pressing of Onward on vinyl was a typical Relapse shit job. The colored version was so bad that it actually had bubbles in the fucking vinyl. The black version played ok, but didn't sound particularly good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R'lyeh Liberation Front
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you're hoping to score one day...   Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:08 am

The Infester CD that Moribund has right now are dirt cheap, and yeah, they're missing a booklet, but the original sells for about 100 bucks, and Moribund has stated quite a few times that there will NEVER (by the bands wishes) be a repress of the Infester stuff...ever. So I'd just grab the copy without the booklet, print your own booklet at home, there's zero reason to pay an extra 95 dollars to get a fucking booklet.

Dominus Xul's debut can be had at Osmose (or could very recently), but you'll need to find other stuff to buy from them as they do strange "flat rate" shipping where the price is the same for upto 4 CDs but they charge you like you're going to buy 4 CDs even if you only buy one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you're hoping to score one day...   Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:00 am

^ Checked Osmose and they no longer have Dominus Xul, at least not that I could find. Besides, a lot of the stuff on there is too rich for my blood. Stupid overseas websites, why can't everything be in America. Laughing

And it's not so much the booklet I'm concerned about with Infester, it's the fact that the album doesn't feel complete if it's in just a plain jewelcase. I have it downloaded, I could very easily burn it myself and stick it in a jewelcase. I don't really see any point in even buying it if I'm basically getting the same thing I could get myself by just burning it to a disc. I'm not really getting the full album as it was intended. I just keep on hoping that maybe one will pop up on eBay or something for super cheap because they don't realize what they have and maybe they misspell the band name or something so no one else sees it but me. It's a long shot, but I can dream.

I did recently see two copies of the Altar/Cartilage split on CD and vinyl on eBay (another thing I'd love to own) for $129 and $92. Sigh...I will not be getting outstandingly lucky with that any time soon.

EDIT: And since this original post, I did indeed end up getting the Onward CD/DVD reissue (for a respectable price, not the $20+ I usually see it for) and the diSEMBOWELMENT album on vinyl. I am a little more content now. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you're hoping to score one day...   

Back to top Go down

Stuff you're hoping to score one day...
Page 1 of 1