Share | 

Dragged Into Sunlight

Go down 
AuthorMessage
iwillstabyou
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Dragged Into Sunlight   Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:59 pm

After checking these guys out at MDF this year I liked what I heard, even though I wasn't quite sure what it was. Being unfamiliar with their music made it a bit challenging to hear what was going on in a live setting. But I was intrigued, so I checked them out when I got back home. After listening to the song posted on their Bandcamp page, ordering Hatred for Mankind became my number one priority in regards to acquiring new music. I ordered it from the local record store I frequent and since then the album has done nothing but blow me away. Crushing, vicious, suffocating, extreme metal. I'd say their music is mostly death metal, but there are doses (at times heavy doses) of black metal and doom/sludge. I can't stop listening to this shit.

http://draggedintosunlight.bandcamp.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Dragged Into Sunlight   Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Love this band also. They're pretty tough to classify, I'm still not quite sure what they are in terms of genre. I especially love their cover art.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stabyourcat

PostSubject: Re: Dragged Into Sunlight   Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:43 am

One of my favorites! Hatred is so fucking dense. "Buried With Leeches"? You can't fuck with the end riff on that song.

Their new album, Widowmaker is definitely decent, although I could have gone without the 15 minute opening acoustic artsy fartsy jam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iwillstabyou
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Dragged Into Sunlight   Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:41 pm

stabyourcat wrote:
Their new album, Widowmaker is definitely decent, although I could have gone without the 15 minute opening acoustic artsy fartsy jam.
The opening song is waaaaaaay too long. I feel like the atmosphere and feeling they wanted from that song gets acheived, and then slowly fades away as the song refuses to end, thus making it useless and a waste of time.

I still haven't really decided how I feel about the album as a whole. Its grown on me a bit, but very slowly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stabyourcat

PostSubject: Re: Dragged Into Sunlight   Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:55 pm

iwillstabyou wrote:
The opening song is waaaaaaay too long. I feel like the atmosphere and feeling they wanted from that song gets acheived, and then slowly fades away as the song refuses to end, thus making it useless and a waste of time.

I still haven't really decided how I feel about the album as a whole. Its grown on me a bit, but very slowly.

You're dead on about the opening track. Apparently they're already working on a new record that is a follow up to "Hatred...".

Also, stabyou... hails.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragged Into Sunlight   

Back to top Go down

Dragged Into Sunlight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowed Regions Metal Forums :: Shadowed Regions :: Metal-
Jump to: