Share | 

The Most Boring Metal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger

PostSubject: The Most Boring Metal   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:06 pm

A while ago, I decided to sit down and actually listen to all these shitty deathcore bands that are so popular in an effort to see why the hell everyone likes them. Which led me to Emmure. I had never really heard more than a couple seconds of their "music," so I took the time to hear a couple songs.

This band, disgracefully called "the heaviest band in the world" according to stickers on their albums, is probably the shittiest and most boring thing I've ever heard. It's one thing to play deathcore (which occasionally has at least the capacity to be interesting), but this is like the most dumbed down tough guy hardcore mixed with irritating "brutal" vocals and played by douchebags. Even if they weren't such fags, every song is literally just a 3 minute open D breakdown. If this is the "heaviest band in the world," metal is in pretty sorry shape. Experience the pain for yourselves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59rnVGzRmZo

So what else bores you guys to tears...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Premonition666

PostSubject: Re: The Most Boring Metal   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Emmure is a total joke, they're made for those douchebags live, breathe and shit UFC and MMA and think they're hardcore. Deathcore such as Born of Osiris are pretty cool.

anything progressive bores the living fuck out of me. I like my song structures to be simple, I hate songs that are longer than 5 minutes.

Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: The Most Boring Metal   Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:24 am

The only thing that gets even remotely close to deathcore that I'll touch is the first Red Chord album, and even that was never really my thing.

There was a band called called Decimate who put out an EP in 2001 called In The Name of A God that started out playing really Arkangel-esque hardcore that turned into deathcore by the time they released in LP. The EP fucking rules, the LP sucks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: The Most Boring Metal   Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:23 pm

Premonition666 wrote:
Emmure is a total joke, they're made for those douchebags live, breathe and shit UFC and MMA and think they're hardcore.
Yeah definitely. I just still don't get why anyone would want to listen to this. Everything they do has been done better and heavier by other bands (namely The Acacia Strain, who sound almost identical at times), they're just like a shitty version of a bunch of other stuff. I think this is a classic case of ignorant people succumbing to the hype around a band, without knowing better. Kind of sad.

Premonition666 wrote:
anything progressive bores the living fuck out of me. I like my song structures to be simple, I hate songs that are longer than 5 minutes.
I tend to agree, prog metal is my least favorite subgenre. I don't mind long songs if they're the hypnotic, simple kind (ex: Burzum), but I can't stand 10 minutes of wankery. I did really like Mastodon's latest, though; I thought they did a good job by making the songs interesting and cohesive. But I haven't heard much prog that doesn't bore me senseless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftdb
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: The Most Boring Metal   Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:51 am

I am gonna say metalcore. Not as a whole but there is a major faction that is pure boring bullshit. Specifically bands like Trivium, Bullet For My Vagina, new Shadows Fall, etc. Just drool inducing tedium.

Like duh, right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vindicated_Killer
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: The Most Boring Metal   Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:16 am

Most tough guy hardcore and deathcore is the height of bullshit in the genre. Some of the uber techy death/grind stuff bores me to tears as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samcanadian

PostSubject: Re: The Most Boring Metal   Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:42 pm

exploding_pool wrote:
A while ago, I decided to sit down and actually listen to all these shitty deathcore bands that are so popular in an effort to see why the hell everyone likes them. Which led me to Emmure. I had never really heard more than a couple seconds of their "music," so I took the time to hear a couple songs.

This band, disgracefully called "the heaviest band in the world" according to stickers on their albums, is probably the shittiest and most boring thing I've ever heard. It's one thing to play deathcore (which occasionally has at least the capacity to be interesting), but this is like the most dumbed down tough guy hardcore mixed with irritating "brutal" vocals and played by douchebags. Even if they weren't such fags, every song is literally just a 3 minute open D breakdown. If this is the "heaviest band in the world," metal is in pretty sorry shape. Experience the pain for yourselves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59rnVGzRmZo

So what else bores you guys to tears...?

Oh give me a break. Stop acting like you have an opinion that bears weight.

I mean, I agree that the band isn't that great but get over yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: The Most Boring Metal   Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:13 pm

^ That's almost ironic coming from you...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samcanadian

PostSubject: Re: The Most Boring Metal   Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:17 pm

exploding_pool wrote:

Come at me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftdb
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: The Most Boring Metal   Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:48 am

Samcanadian wrote:
exploding_pool wrote:

Cum on me

Fixed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McG0reson
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The Most Boring Metal   Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Emmure pretty much blows ass. Every now and then I'll get the hankering to hear 20 breakdowns in a span of three minutes, but that's not all that often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Most Boring Metal   

Back to top Go down

The Most Boring Metal
Page 1 of 1