Shadowed Regions Metal Forums

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

First Concerts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlastTyrant
BlastTyrant

First Concerts Empty
PostSubject: First Concerts   First Concerts Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:15 pm

I thought it would be funny to see what everyone's first concerts were. When I was in third grade my mom and dad took me to see Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ Top. I was blown away and it's still one of the best shows I've ever been to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Premonition666
Premonition666

First Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Concerts   First Concerts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:11 am

I believe my first show was Warped Tour 2006, where I saw Killswitch Engage, Haste The Day, Throwdown, Chiodos and a few others I can't seem to remember. We never had any shows in Saudi Arabia, so yeah, I went to my first show when I was 14.

iwillstabyou
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
iwillstabyou

First Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Concerts   First Concerts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:53 am

Children of Bodom, Trivium, and Amon Amarth somewhere around five and a half years ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xavier
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Xavier

First Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Concerts   First Concerts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:14 am

Alice Cooper, front row! He puts on an entertaining show...

That was about seven years ago now, I think...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xaviersthrone.blogspot.ca/
lobof_124
Admin
Admin
lobof_124

First Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Concerts   First Concerts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:39 pm

Breaking Benjamin, along with a shitload of crappy radio bands.

First actual metal concert though: Clash of the Titans, pt. 2 in May.

ftdb
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
ftdb

First Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Concerts   First Concerts Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:20 am

Not counting small shows... Ozzfest 98
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exploding_pool
Headbanger
Headbanger
exploding_pool

First Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Concerts   First Concerts Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:06 pm

First and so far, only show...almost every show is either a bunch of shitty local bands or is at least 2 hours away. But last year I finally was able to see AFI (and it was only an hour's drive and super expensive Laughing) and a bunch of other godawful bands at the MTV Ulalume Festival. It was some Halloween thing they did and I think they televised it later in the month, so it was kind of neat to know that I was there for it. I think the other bands were Kid Cudi, Paramore, Dead Before Sunrise, and maybe someone else, I don't remember. It was a pretty lame show, but I'm really glad I was finally able to see AFI, who were awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sunnportal
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger

First Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Concerts   First Concerts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:14 pm

AFI were better during the bestial Bangkok tranny era.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DapperDan
Rookie
Rookie
DapperDan

First Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Concerts   First Concerts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:38 pm

I didn't see many shows when I was in high school. Lack of transportation and half the time, I never even knew about a concert until afterward. Without the internet, it was much more difficult to spread the word.

My first actual meaningful metal show that wasn't local tripe was Mayhem in 2000 on their Grand Declaration tour. What a bunch of twat fucks. Exhumed and Thornspawn were also on the bill as well as a very young Vesperian Sorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.metalpsalter.com
Gangland
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Gangland

First Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Concerts   First Concerts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:32 am

Iron Maiden, Motorhead, and Dio in 2003.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hideous
Junior Headbanger
Junior Headbanger
Hideous

First Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Concerts   First Concerts Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Korn, Rob Zombie and some band called Videodrone. It was in 1999 so Korn was pretty much the biggest band in the world at the time and Rob Zombie had a pretty awesome spectacle of a show. Go-go dancers, giant robots, huge pyro cannons. I remember it fondly even though I don't listen to either of them anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silentjav
silentjav

First Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Concerts   First Concerts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:21 am

Ozzfest '07
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stellarvore

First Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Concerts   First Concerts Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:23 pm

1st Celtic Frost and Goatwhore...like 2006 right before CF called it quits again. Awesome show. Well, actually, I didn't much like Goatwhore, but whatever.

2nd 3IOB, Behemoth, Lamb of God, Hatebreed, lik in 2007 I think.

I was really only there for Behemoth, went outside for LoG because of their stupid smoke machine, walked in to give Hatebreed a chance...walked out less than two minutes later.

3IOB was actually pretty cool, though.

Since I left NY and got to Texas, I haven't had time to go to any shows, because they're all at least 2 hours away and I work two jobs. There's some shit local bands here, supposedly a few good ones too, but I haven't come across them yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

First Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Concerts   First Concerts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Concerts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowed Regions Metal Forums :: Shadowed Regions :: Metal-
Jump to: